Social Media Marketing Checklist
- Know your audience and their demographic. See where they hangout more often. If you are targeting teens or middle aged guys then Facebook is a good option. On the other hand if you are targeting professional try using LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Learn about various social media tools and their strengths. You can use the guidebook from here: http://bit.ly/omC51M
- Create your blog. This is the fundamental social media marketing tool. Write an About me page with your company info. Try to post atleast once a day about your market or your company and its people.
- Create your facebook fan page. If you have a Facebook account use this link to get started.
- Create you LinkedIn account for you and other key members of your team if they don’t already have one. A LinkedIn is a must have if you are in B2B market. Create your account.
- Create LinkedIn company page. LinkedIn allows you to create free company pages and you can tie that with your team members and products. This helps in SEO and better visibility.
- Create your Twitter account. Plan to post 2 or 3 tweets everyday.
- If you target geeks, photographers and tech professionals create a Google+ account and company page.
- Write professional bios and include professional images in your LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ accounts.
- Create links to your company page from all your account accounts. Maintain a consistent branding experience.
- If you are targeting a very young audience create a Youtube account for your business and open a new channel. Create playlists of interesting videos you see apart from uploading you own videos to it.
- If you are targeting professionals, open a SlideShare.net account and upload interesting and public presentations you created. Try to create one presentation a week in topics related to your company and upload there.
- Focus on great content and if you find great pics, links and videos post them in your social media account. It doesn’t have to be related to your company. Be a thought leader and curator.
- If you are running service business, you might want to open an account in Quora and start answering questions in your topic.
- Be available to your customers. Interact with your customers through your social media accounts and solve support issues there. It is a great way to show publicly that you care.
- Use the links to couple of your social media profiles in your email signature and all forms of corporate communication - letterheads, banners, boards, brochures, etc.
- Network and interact. To effectively utilize the networks you have to be in it and make active connections. Spend 30 minutes everyday to build your networks in Twitter, LinkedIn and elsewhere and look to connect with people you met in your real life.
By effectively utilizing social media marketing tips in your campaign strategy you can save a lot of time and money from your conventional marketing programs and better connect with your audience.