It lets your organize photos and content in themed boards and share the curated content easily. It is generating more referral traffic than Youtube, LinkedIn and other social networking sites. That makes it attractive for content creators who want to generate traffic to their site. Users can pin 4 types of content – photo, video, discussion thread and monetary gift, to their pin boards. The boards can be in any topic ranging from cars to classical books.
Like retweets, Pinterest has a concept of repins that lets users to repost your content and gain virality. Users can also comment on your pins and can develop a conversation. There is also an iPhone application that lets you pin on the go, and an Android app is on the way.
How can you use Pinterest?
- Job Seekers now have another avenue to gain attention from employers. You could pin interesting content, show expertise and gain followers with interesting curation.
- Bloggers and webmasters could add a Pin It button in their site to let Pinterest users to add your content to their boards and drive more traffic to yours.
- Curate interesting content to build your brand and promote your wares.
- Shoppers and students could create shopping list of what they want to buy.
- Chefs could build a recipe box and build an audience to show off their cooking skills.
- Artists could use the images to exhibit their wares and even sell their content (in their webpage).
- Plan your new home and get tips on decorating things.
- Prospective brides and grooms can use the boards to plan their wedding and use their network to choose the food, wedding hall etc.
- Make new contacts in your target topics.
Watch this video to learn how to add Pin It bookmarklet