Apple launches a new product every February – March, and it is rumored that a new iPad is due on the 29th February. While there is no official confirmation of the iPad 3 or iPad 2S, plenty of credible information have already leaked out about the what is in store with the new one. Repair labs has already been able to get a picture of the new iPad’s casing and it is revealing a few things of what is in store for the buyers.
Both the original iPad and iPad 2 have been great successes and have revolutionized tablet computing. Over 55 million iPads have been sold so far and have been one of the most successful gadget launches in history. Will iPad 3 wow us more?
Here are some of the things that the new iPad might have:
- More battery life. While the iPads have significantly more battery life than a PC, you can drain all the power when you play an interactive game and Apple has long sought to improve the battery life of iPads. This time the casing indicates that Apple has worked on that promise.
- A true retina display with a 2048×1536 resolution that will mean high quality viewing experience for your photos, games and applications.
- The A6 processor in the new iPad will have a significantly powerful GPU that will mean faster graphics and better gaming. However, it might not have a quad-core as earlier suggested and might go with just a dual core.
- A more powerful camera. The iPad’s camera is significantly inferior to what an iPhone and other mobile devices have. This time we might see a better camera, as the casing reveals a reworked camera. The camera could get as powerful as iPhone 4S’.
- The new iPad is expected to be about 1mm thicker than iPad 2.
- Built in LTE support so that you will be able to access 3G broadband on the go.
- We might get Siri on the iPad for the first time. The voice assistant on the last iPhone was a phenomenal success, and Apple might want to put that in the table too.