The iPad has been quite a revelation since it was launched in 2010. As iPad 3 launch is approaching we will cover some of the best apps you should have in your iPad. Believe me, there is nothing like an iPad experience.
iPad as a reader
- Flipboard – This is the best reading app that lets you read your Twitter feeds, blogs from RSS and magazines. Once you use it you will not be fond of going to your PC for reading blogs.
- Google currents – This is the Google’s competitor to Flipboard. Its UI is not as cool, but Google is going super fast on adding content providers.
- iBooks – This is the Apple app for reading books and PDFs. This presents you with a book rack and ability to browse and read the book contents. With the latest iBooks, textbook reading has gone super cool.
iPad as TV
- Netflix – If you have a Netflix account in the US, you can stream your movies on to your iPad. The app is free if you have a Netflix account.
- Hulu+ – get HD content from top US networks like Fox, NBC, ABC
- BBC iPlayer – This lets you watch the last seven days show on BBC for free.
iPad as a school
- PBS app – This lets your stream video from PBS that educates you and understand more about the world you live in.
- Discover – Get in depth information about major topics from the Discovery network
iPad as a document manager
- Dropbox – This is the cloud storage app that lets you store your documents from your PC and other devices, and access it in your iPad.
- Evernote – if you are taking notes on the go, this a great app to write and organize stuff. The notes you save are accessible on the web and in your other devices.
- Pages – This is a $10 app from Apple that is the Microsoft Word equivalent for the iPad.
- Numbers – This is the excel equivalent for the iPad
iPad as an organizer
- Things for iPad – this is the task manager that lets you keep track of your appointments and schedules.
- QuickVoice recorder – this lets you take voice memos and then organize them.
iPad for presentation
- Keynote – this the powerpoint equivalent on the iPad that lets you create presentations.
- Mobile Air Mouse – this lets you turn your iPad in to a remote control when you are presenting stuff without requiring a separate wireless keyboard and mice.
- GoToMeeting – Attend online meetings easily.