If your site is aimed towards the entirely wrong keywords, the search engines and your potential customers may never ever locate you, resulting in lost bucks and worthless search positions. By focusing on the wrong keywords, you not just put precious advertising dollars in danger, you are also losing all the precious time and energy you put into having your site to get ranking for those terms to begin with. If you need to stay competitive, you do not want to do that.
How to select keywords.
Google Adwords Keyword Tool is the best option in my view. Though there is lots of tool available in the market but they are depending on google directly or indirectly.
In the Google adword keyword tool when you are going to search any keyword remember to check the option of “exact” not the default “broad” option.
Sometimes people overlook this option and get wrong information about a particular keyword as exact search volume differs from broad.
It’s great to manage keywords that have around 4000 to 5000 searches each day, or even 500 searches a day, but in simple fact, these “popular” search terms can make up lower than 40% of the overall searches carried out on the web. The rest of the 60% lie in what’s frequently called the “long tail” of search.
The long tail consists of hundreds of millions of unique searches that has to be executed a few times in any given day (or even just once, ever!), but, when taken collectively, they make up the most of the world wide demand for information through search engines like Google.
Now you can ask about “Long tail keyword”. What is this?
A long tail keyword is a mix of 3-6 terms which are precise and highly relevant to the items you promote. It’s not just a short keyword rather it’s like a common man’s question. Just like “where can i get cheap kindle fire” or similar short of things not just “kindle fire“.
Both are hugely different. if somebody searching for just “kindle fire” that does not guarantee he/she will purchase it ..He/she might be looking for its features and other things for knowledge. But if somebody will look for a keyword like “where to buy or get cheap kindle fire” it means there is a chance that the person will buy it.
You can get good idea from Google’s instant autosuggestion feature. Let me describe what it is . You must have seen when you start something in Google search box it automatically suggest you related phrases , that’s the long tail phrases to give you some idea. Google gives you this idea from day to day search trends.
So these are the things you have to give attention while you are selecting any keyword for your site or blog.